Notary Public commissions are valid for four (4) years and is governed by KRS 423.010.
The following requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be eighteen years or older
- Resident of county or work in the county
- Good moral character
- Capable of discharging duties imposed by law
- Cannot be a convicted felon
- Applicant must complete application for Appointment to the Office of Notary Public Form. Form may also be picked up in County Clerk’s Office.
- Application must be signed by the Judge Executive, County Clerk or Circuit Clerk, Justice of the Peace, or a member of the General Assembly of the county of residence of the applicants.
- A $10.00 state fee must accompany the application and mailed to:
The Secretary of State-Notary Commissions
P.O. Box 821
Frankfort, KY 40602-0821