MARCH 16, 2020
ACCESS TO KENTON COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE
WITH CONCERN OVER COVID-19
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4 p.m. the Kenton County Clerk’s office will be closed to the public.
As the CDC and other health organizations caution the public over gathering in public spaces, the Kenton County Clerk’s Office would like to offer the public other options to access the office.
There are many links to services at the clerk’s office at www.kentoncountykyclerk.com
We are encouraging customers to use the following online options instead of visiting the office
RENEWING FOR CAR TAGS:
OPTION 1: use the online renewal at www.drive.ky.gov. You will need a credit card to process this payment.
OPTION 2: If you are paying by check or cash, please mail- in your renewal to:
Kenton County Clerk
P.O. Box 1109
Covington, KY 41011
Mail-in renewals should include the prior year registration receipt, proof of insurance, and payment. Online renewal instructions are included at the website listed above.
OPTION 3: Call 859-392-1602. You will need a credit card to process this payment
TRANSFER OF A CAR: Individual vehicle transfers will be suspended until further notice. Individuals that have purchased a vehicle from out of state will need to retain their documents until we can reopen. Individuals selling a Kentucky-titled vehicle to another person will also have to wait until we reopen to complete the transaction.
HANDICAP PLACARD: For new placards or renewal of placards, you must process these by mail.
REAL ESTATE DEPARTMENT
- Record Room: The record room at the Covington location will be closed so to access records you must use kentondeeds.com or go to http://kcor.org or records from 1991 forward.
- Accessing Real Estate Records Online: Use kentondeeds.com or go to http://kcor.org for records from 1991 forward.
- Notary Licenses: Notary oath and bonding are suspended until further notice.
- Marriage Licenses: Marriage license applications are currently being suspended. Please check the website for any changes. Please contact our office at (859) 392-1650.
- Copies of Marriage License: If you need a copy or certified copy of a marriage license, please send your request to the address listed above. If you need a certified copy then please include a $5.00 check or money order to process this request. You can also request a certified copy over the phone. You will need a credit card for this process.
- Permanent Records, Real Estate: Document recording may be submitted by mail at the address above.
Delinquent Taxes: Customers who need to pay any tax bill that is owed prior to 2019 can call 859-392-1650 and pay them over the phone with use of a credit card.
ELECTIONS AND VOTER REGISTRATION: If you need to update your voter registration, you may do so online at www.govoteky.com. You can also download a voter registration card from the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.ky.gov or on the clerk’s website.
If you need to contact the Voter Registration office please call 859-392-1620.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.