Junked Vehicles


  1. The current license plate and title must be turned into your local County Clerk’s Office.
  2. The title must be clear of all liens and all property taxes must be paid or exonerated by the Property Valuation Administrator.
  3. There is a $1.00 fee to junk a vehicle. If the title and/or plate have been lost, and the owner still has possession of the vehicle, Form TC 96-167 must be signed and notarized by the owner.
  4.  A receipt from the junk yard and the completed Form TC 96-351.

If the vehicle has been disposed of to a junkyard or another individual and the title is lost, a duplicate title must be applied for.

Vehicles can be junked once the duplicate title is received.

Transportation Cabinet’s Vehicle Information