All document filings at the County Clerk’s office that pertain to Real Estate must include a Property Identification Number (PIDN) and a Group number for the relevant properties.
Articles of Incorporation for Business and Non-Profit Corporations-Filing Fee $46.00
The document must be:
- Executed by one of the offices authorized in KRS 271B.1-200(6) and KRS 273.252
- Document must be filed with the Secretary of State FIRST
- The clerk is presented one exact or conformed copy having the stamp of the Secretary of State
Assumed Names-Filing Fee $46.00
AKA (Also Know As) DBA (doing business as) or Fictitious Name Filing.
CERTIFICATE OF ASSUMED NAME(FILLABLE FORM)
The document must have:
- The name being assumed
- The real name and address of the individual or entity assuming the name. A domestic general partnership must include the real name of each partner
- The document must be filed in county where the entity is deemed a resident under provisions of KRS355 (see KRS 355.401 for specific requirements).
- Assumed names may or may not have a Preparation Statement (KRS 382.335). The document must be executed per KRS 365.015 as follows:
The document must be executed as follows:
- Individual – by the individual
- Partnership – by at least one authorized partner
- Limited liability partnership – by at least one partner authorized to do so by the partners
- Limited partnership – by a general partner
- Limited liability company – by a member or manager authorized to act for the limited liability company
- Business trust – by the trustees
- Corporation – by a person authorized to act for the corporation
Assumed Name Renewal-Filing Fee $46.00
Assumed names are effective for 5 years from the date of registration and can be renewed by filing a renewal certificate 6 months prior to the expiration or renewal date. The filing requirements are the same as for the original.
Assumed Name Withdrawal-Filing Fee $46.00
Assumed name withdrawals are done in a similar manner per KRS 365.015(4),with the additional information of “date the original was filed” as a requirement.
Declaration of Trust-Filing Fee $46.00
The document must have the following:
- The individual(s) who is establishing the trust
- The name of the trust and/or the trustee
- The Trustee(s)
- Preparation Statement
The clerk shall request a return mail address.
The document may or may not be notarized.
Partnerships-Filing Fee $46.00
Partnership agreements or certificates are filed with the Secretary of State first, then with county clerk.
The document must have:
- The stamp from the Secretary of State on it in order to be filed at the county level
- The person presenting the partnership to the Secretary of State should present two copies–one is filed there and one stamped as having been filed
- This copy is then recorded at the County Clerk’s office in the county where the partnership maintains an office