HOW TO VOTE
GENERAL ELECTION: NOVEMBER 8, 2022
STEP ONE: REGISTRATION
Not Registered? or Need to Update Your Registration?
- You must be a U.S. citizen and a Kentucky resident.
- You must be registered in the county where you live 28 days before the election.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next general election.
- You must not be a convicted felon, or if you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored by executive pardon.
- You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
- You must not claim the right to vote anywhere outside of Kentucky.
Deadlines to register to vote: Primary Election is April 18, 2022 4:00 p.m. local time. General Election is October 11, 2022 4:00 p.m. local time
Qualified for the Primary?
Kentucky has closed party primaries, which means you must register as a Democrat or a Republican to be eligible to vote in your party’s primary in May. If you choose to register with a political group or organization, or as an Independent, you cannot vote in the partisan primaries, but you may vote in all nonpartisan primaries. These include urban county mayor, urban county council, school board, soil and water conservation, and all judicial offices.
You may change your political party affiliation anytime between the primary and December 31st to be eligible to vote in your new party’s next primary. If you change your affiliation anytime between January 1st and the date the registration books close for the primary, you will only be eligible to vote in the nonpartisan primaries.
STEP TWO: HOW TO VOTE
OR call (859) 392-1620. Portal open from 9/24/22 to 10/25/22.
Drop boxes for absentee ballots are available at the Kenton County Government Center (1840 Simon Kenton Way in Covington) or the Historic Kenton County Courthouse (5272 Madison Pike in Independence).
In-person absentee voting will be available at the Kenton County Government Center (1840 Simon Kenton Way in Covington) on October 26, 27 & 28 and then on October 31, November 1 & 2 from 7:30 AM – 4 PM
(NO EXCUSE REQUIRED)
Early voting will be available on November 3, 4 & 5 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM at designated voting centers.
There will be several polling locations available. Please note: some poling locations have changed due to redistricting.