Please click on this link to request your marriage license kentondeeds.com/marriageform/. After filling out the form online, please come to the office at 1840 Simon Kenton Way to complete your application for a marriage license.
Both parties must appear together.
The license is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and the license fee is non-refundable. The license must be used within the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Filing Fees: The fee is $50.00
18 or older. Both parties must be present and need one of the following:
- A state Driver’s license or state picture I.D OR
- Certified U.S. birth certificate (a passport, visa, or green card with picture-translated into English)
Under 18, per KRS 402.210, a license shall not be issued unless the parties get a court order from Family Court or District Court.
- Name & address
- Date of birth & age
- Place of Birth (If in KY give county, in another state give state)
- Father’s name
- Mother’s first & maiden name
- Current status of each party (Single, Divorced, Annulled, Widowed)
- Number of previous marriages of each party
- Occupations of each party
- Race of each party
- Whether parties are related
- Date of marriage
Solemnization of Marriage: There are no residency requirements or licensing requirements applicable to ministers or priests who wish to perform marriages in Kentucky.
Marriages shall be solemnized only by clergy, justices and judges of the Court of Justice; retired justices and judges of the Court of Justice, except those removed for cause or convicted of a felony; county judge/executives; such justices of the peace and fiscal court commissioners as the Governor or the county judge/executive authorizes, and certain religious societies.
At least two persons, in addition to the parties and the person solemnizing the marriage, must be present at every marriage.