The following documents and information are required:
- Manufacturers’ certificate of origin properly assigned to the buyer by the selling dealer
- Application for vehicle title/registration (VTR form # TC96-182): If using total consideration as usage tax value, Total Consideration portion must be completed. If County Clerk staff notarizes signature(s), identification must be presented.
- Window sticker or dealer invoice showing MSRP plus options & destination charges if not using Total Consideration as usage tax value.
- Certified Sheriff inspection of serial number if purchased out of state: The sheriff will not do inspection without VTR signed & notarized.
- Proof of insurance
- Social Security number for each party listed on title or federal ID number for companies.
- Title lien statement, if applicable.