Not Registered? or Need to Update Your Registration?
- You must be a U.S. citizen and a Kentucky resident.
- You must be registered in the county where you live 28 days before the election.
- You must be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next general election.
- You must not be a convicted felon, or if you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored by executive pardon.
- You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
- You must not claim the right to vote anywhere outside of Kentucky.
The deadline to register online to vote in the 2022 Primary Election is April 18, 2022 4:00 p.m. local time.
Qualified for the Primary?
Kentucky has closed party primaries, which means you must register as a Democrat or a Republican to be eligible to vote in your party’s primary in May. If you choose to register with a political group or organization, or as an Independent, you cannot vote in the partisan primaries, but you may vote in all nonpartisan primaries. These include urban county mayor, urban county council, school board, soil and water conservation, and all judicial offices.
You may change your political party affiliation anytime between the primary and December 31st to be eligible to vote in your new party’s next primary. If you change your affiliation anytime between January 1st and the date the registration books close for the primary, you will only be eligible to vote in the nonpartisan primaries.
MOVING TO ANOTHER STATE AND NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM VOTER ROLLS?
Please click on this link for REMOVAL FROM VOTER ROLLS FORM and return to the County Clerk’s office so we can update the voter registration system.
REGISTER TO VOTE OR UPDATE YOUR REGISTRATION
The registration books close 28 days before each election. You must be registered in the county where you live prior to that time in order to vote.